Monday, August 15, 2011

Evangelion World, Tokyo, and Long Lost Friends

So after all the hustle and bustle of Nagoya and the WCS, Zoe and I had to depart for Tokyo. Unfortunately, our night bus left at 1030, so in order to make it to the bus on time, we had to leave the WCS early. We saw all the performances, but we had to miss the grand finale and the naming of the winners. The team we wanted to win DID win though, so we were really pleased.
So we slipped out of the WCS area and went back to the change rooms. Our stuff was left there all day so we didn’t have to drag it to the subway from the hotel. We got changed, and headed out for the subway. We had NO idea where we were going though! Fortunately another gaijin was in the area and she saw us all confused trying to figure out which train to catch. She told us which one we needed and pointed us in the right direction. We were squished in like sardines in a can on the train, and the competition wasn’t even done yet! I can’t even imagine what they would have been like AFTER the performances. Luckily, we only had 2 stops to go from where we were, so it was a short ride.
When we got to the main station, we had no idea where so go for our bus, and we must have asked about 5 staff where to go. They all pointed us in opposite directions. We finally made it to the bus with 5 minutes to spare! It was scary! The ride was pretty crap though. There were some girls on the bus (it was totally packed with girls like, my age) and they were giggly and talking all night, so I didn’t sleep much.
After arriving in Tokyo, we hopped a train to Hatagaya (only 2 stops from Shinjuku) and found our hotel. We both felt grimy and terrible after a) a really REALLY hot day in Nagoya with no shower after and b) no sleep; but we couldn’t take a shower because we had to race back to Shinjuku station to catch a bus to Fuji Q! We didn’t even sleep much on the bus there! It was filled with giggling teenagers! But, when we got to Fuji Q we were feeling great! The adrenaline really kicked in. On the way there, we briefly saw Mt. Fuji! It was almost completely covered by clouds! I would have taken a picture, but there was nothing to see really.
At Fuji Q we went to EVANGELION WORLD! EEEEEeee It was AMAZING. Here, have some pictures!

(This is TOTALLY my favourite picture.)
I would totally want to go again.
After Eva World, we went for lunch, I finally tried the much acclaimed MOS burger. My verdict? Kinda crappy. I don’t know what all the fuss about it is. It’s just like…standard fast food. It was tasty, don’t get me wrong, but I don’t see what the fuss is for.
Unfortunately, because it was SO busy at the theme park (its summer holidays right now) we didn’t get to go on any rides. It was at least a 2 hour wait for every ride! NO way man, too long for us! We just walked around instead.
All in all, my Fuji Q experience was good. Although, it’s kinda sad. Fuji Q is one of the biggest theme parks in Japan, and it only had 4 roller coasters. Yeah, you read right. And it really was rather small. I’m comparing it to Canada’s Wonderland. I was expecting a bit more from it. Still fun though.
After Fuji Q, we took the bus back to Tokyo and then took the train back to Hatagaya. We checked into our room and had a shower. It was SO refreshing! We made plans with Beverley and Wendy to meet up and have dinner together, so we set out for Harajuku to meet them. We ended up going to TGIFridays for dinner. Not very foreign I know, but we get Japanese food on a regular basis, so North American food IS a luxury! Dinner was great. It was so tasty, I forgot to take a picture. Lol.
After dinner we went for karaoke. We sang until like…11:30! It was so late! So much fun though. I forgot how much I love Wendy when she’s drunk. After karaoke, we just went home, and I promptly passed out. I don’t even remember falling asleep!

2 comments:

  1. My God, I want to visit Evangelion World. Looks amazing! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO JEALOUS. ;^;

    Glad to see you had fun, though. :3 Eva World looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete