Monday, August 1, 2011

HANABI! and Karaoke.

I went to my first Hanabi festival (fireworks festival) last night! It was amazing! I didn't wear yukata because I didn't really have time to put it on and because Zoe and Gwen said they weren't. We all thought because it was cold that no one would be wearing one, but about 1/2 the people were wearing them. Mostly girls. It was a spontaneous choice to go. Zoe, Gwen, Eriko and I were eating dinner together, and Tatsuru came in and asked if we wanted to go to the fireworks. Of course we said yes! It was the first Hanabi for all of us gaijin. It was so fun! The fireworks are amazing here, and they went on for about an hour. I filmed some of it. Please enjoy!



Yes, I totally am speaking in Japanese for some of it. Mostly "oooh! sugoi!" and "kawaii~!" silly things like that. I was saying "wow great!" and "cute~!" mostly. I couldn't help it. Lol. Tatsuru and Eriko were both speaking in Japanese, and Gwen joined in so I did too. They were awesome.
After the fireworks, we went to the fair set up there. This was a really small festival so all the booths were food and drinks, with the exception of 1 booth that sold masks (a traditional thing for festivals). Every anime that has a festival episode has the characters wearing a mask that you can buy at a festival, so Zoe, Gwen and I bought masks to make our night more anime-like. It was so much fun!

After Hanabi, we went for karaoke. I really love karaoke. I only sang two songs because one person kept putting in songs, but its ok. I enjoyed myself.
 Crap quality because it was dark. But it was fun! Yay!

Also, I am learning Katakana and Hiragana (the Japanese forms of writing. Katakana is for foreign words and Hiragana is for Japanese words). I wrote my name a bunch of times, and my family's names!

1 comment:

  1. hello angel. >.<
    this is a nice blog ! i love japan too. :)
    angel, may i know your msn ? maybe, we can chat more. i like chatting.
    msn : luph_alin@hotmail.com
    yahoo: luph.alin@yahoo.com
    thank you angel :D

    ReplyDelete