Friday, July 29, 2011

Food food and more food! ...Oh, and a trip to town.

I totally forgot to post some of the food and drinks I've experienced in the last week or two. Lol. It really seems like all I do here is eat but I really do other things!
 One of our guests was staying for a complimentary stay (she had received an invitation from the president of the company), and she brought us in a big box of peaches! They were lovely. And huge! That peach was the size of my fist! If not, bigger!
 Sometimes Yukichika-san brings drinks for me when I'm at the desk. He brought me these when I was working nights last week. The Qoo one is apple juice and the blue one is iced cocoa. They don't have chocolate milk over here, just iced cocoa which is like cold hot chocolate. Kinda weird. But it tasted good.
 When you work the morning shift any earlier than 7:30 they allow us to go to refectory after the morning buffet is served and we get to make a plate from the buffet too. Usually I go make my own plate, but one day I got a really early call that day and couldn't go right away (I was in the middle of doing a school check out) so Masaki-san made me a plate. This was it. It's huge! I couldn't eat it all. Lol. Yes, they eat salad with breakfast over here. Actually, they eat soup too, but I chose not to eat that. (Masaki-san had put aside a bowl of soup for me. Lol.)
 Yup. Mello Yello is back in Japan. It tastes weird. For some reason I had it in my head that it would taste like Wink or Inca Cola. It tasted like neither of those things. The blue thing is a container of peach ice cream. When I was at the machine debating which one to get, I wanted chocolate but it was sold out. So it was vanilla or the other one. It had a pink label, but the kanji said ピーチ. The first one makes the sound "pi" (pronounced pee) so I assumed it would be peach. Zoe thought it was strawberry. I got it. It was peach. I felt pretty excited. I actually read it right! It was tasty too.

I went out for dinner with Megumi, Yukichika, Helen and Paul yesterday evening. That was fun. When we were going to town to pick up Helen and Paul, Megumi took this secret winding mountain road to get to town. It was like something out of a video game or a movie. It was all dark and quiet with mist in the air. And the trees had grown in such a way that they hung over the road. Like, there were branches that hung down and hit the car. It was kinda creepy. I expected the girl from the Ring or like, Sae Kurosawa to jump out at us at any moment. It was amazing. I didn't take any pictures except for my one dish. Lol. I was too busy eating. The food was good. I had roast pork rice and chicken sasaparilla. The restaurant boasted Asian styled food from 7 countries. It was good.
It was really yummy. The chicken was even better. It was breaded and fried and had a sauce made from cheese, mayo and salsa on it. Amazing. So amazing infact, that I was too busy eating to take a picture. Lol.

I went to town today to get some last minute things for my costume. It's almost done. I'm finishing the outfit tonight, and if the weather stays dry for more than one hour I might be able to spray paint the foam gold and make my staff.
I bought some other things in town today though!
 Ok, this isn't from town. I slept in this morning and had to miss breakfast so I nipped into the shop before I hopped on the bus and I bought some shortbread and a bottle of sparkling pink lemonade for breakfast. Yum.
 For lunch I opted for a something simple from the supermarket. I bought a cafe latte (it was tiramisu flavoured and REALLY GOOD!) and some bread. Unfortunately, the first bread was tamago-pan. Egg bread. I thought it was cheese! I didn't like that one. Lol. the second one was good though. Yeah, it had a sausage in it. It was yummy.
 This was only 500yen! I was going to buy the matching Ayanami Rei figure but I figure one is good...If it's still there next time I go to town though, I'm buying it.
 My amazing new shoes! Only 910yen! I'm adding some ruffles to the top to make them especially awesome.
 Normally I can keep a firm grasp on myself in Black Shop, but today I just couldn't. Lol. So I bought a Sailor Moon figure and yes, that IS a purple llama with a furry thing on a keychain. I couldn't help myself!

George was on the bus with me on the way home. So now everyone is back in the house and we're a family again. It was kinda lonely with everyone gone the last few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment