Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Welcome back, Martin!


Yay! Martin is back! He has been away for like, 2 months now. It really feels like the BH family is all back together again (aside from Rob and Rachael, Wendy comes back next month). Martin’s like a goofy older brother, we all love him. To celebrate Martin’s return to the mountain, we had a yukata party! Helen let me borrow one of her yukatas (she has 10!) for the party so I could wear something different this time. It was a lovely bright blue colour with pink flowers. My obi matched perfectly. Belinda was kind enough to tie my obi and fold my yukata for me again. Unfortunately, I worked until 10pm again so I couldn’t do anything with my hair and I was the last one there. It was strange though; there were actually some Japanese staff there for this time. Mori-san, Saito-san, Tatsuru and some others were all sitting at a table together getting drunk. By the time I got to the party, the Japanese crowd was all pretty red-faced and loud. Mori-san and Saito-san even danced and sang to Lady Gaga. I wish I got that on tape. They all fawned over how cute I looked in yukata though. I felt special. Lol.
(Zoe and I being frightened for our lives during the fire drill.)

I’m quite excited! Martin, George and I were talking that evening, and we’re going to start Lan-partying together with Titan’s Quest and Diablo II! Turns out, they both like Diablo II as well and are anticipating the Diablo III release. I’m so excited! I haven’t Lan-partied with people that will actually stay awake till late in forever. Sure, I Lan’d with Kyle and Ryan, but Kyle couldn’t stay awake past 11pm and that always killed the party. I’m looking forward to some all-nighter Lan partying! Seriously, I’m really happy. Ahaha.

My cosplay is almost finished. Just all the little nitpicky things I have to finish now. Like putting the gold Silvermoon crest on the front of the skirt and figuring out what I am going to put on the back of the skirt, draping the chains from the front and getting some gold sheer fabric to hang off the back. And making those glove things that only cover your arm but not actually your hand. And making my staff…. Yeah…just little things. When I get my ears though, I’m definitely putting them on and taking pictures so everyone can see. Ahaha. Can’t wait for that. Zoe and I booked our extra nights in Nagoya the other day, and now we’re trying to get everything sorted for our trip to Evangelion World. We’re thinking of cosplaying for that too. Lol. 

So I’ve decided on the theme for Ash and Dave’s welcome to the mountain party. SEEING DOUBLE (Twin) PARTY! Everyone has to dress like someone else, or dress in matching outfits. Can’t wait! 
 Ash and I watched Harry Potter 7.5 together and Skype’d at the same time the other day. That was nice. But it was sad at the same time. We both cried. There’s something in that movie that hits really close to home, and it really scares both of us, especially since we’re apart right now. Ash is buying matching bracelets for us on Friday. They’re Harry Potter themed but not lame. They have a quote inscribed on them. One says “You’ll stay with me?” and the other says “Until the very end.” We got all teary when we saw them. Aww. <3

1 comment:

  1. Love you in the blue yukata hun...really flattering. I know Ash can't wait to get there. Do the staff really know what they're in for? Luvs ya

    ReplyDelete