Monday, August 22, 2011

So, lots of catching up? 8D

Sorry I've been away all, I just haven't had time to update lately!

Ok, so after Eva World, Zoe and I came back home and it's been a bit bleh I suppose. We had KIFL students stay with us for 12 days though. That was interesting. While we were away they started to stay with us, so I didn't meet them till half way through their stay. While they were here two of the students used to come visit with me every night. Yuki and Tomohiro (Tomo for short). They were really sweet. We'd talk about anime or whatnot just to pass the time. When they left, Yuki invited me to come to Tokyo and gave me his email, ahaha. They were really sweet.
 (Yuki is in the red shirt, Tomo is in the Rolling Stones shirt)

I also went to town with Helen one day. Just to get off the mountain. We just wanted to walk around and be somewhere else lol. I got the BEST chicken curry sandwich I've ever had. OMG it was so good!
Because of Obon week (a special week in August celebrating the spirits of the dead) almost everyone has time off so they all came to British Hills to visit. We had the teachers outside doing face painting again. I went to get my hand done and Brett did one hand, Sara did the other. I'm sure you can guess who did which hand.
Yup. Lol. It was really busy here during Obon! Lots of schools and day visitors. It was lots of fun!

 After Obon, the days kinda seemed to run into the other until...

ASHLEY ARRIVED!
Gah. The day Ash arrived, I requested a 1/2 day so I could go have lunch, put on my yukata and be ready to wave to her bus when it arrived. Unfortunately, I don't know how to put on a yukata myself so I had to get help from Helen, Keira and Kyoko. It took so long to get ready! It felt like forever. Unfortunately, I was done and finally dressed at 1:20. Which is when Ash and Dave's bus arrived. I flew out the door and ran to the front area to see the bus pulling away. I couldn't see Ash and I started to think maybe they didn't get on the bus. I started running to the manor house yelling "Where's my sister!? WHERE'S MY SISTER!?" I ran up the manor house steps and she saw me and ran to me from inside the manor house. We slammed into each other and hugged really tight. I started crying lol. We didn't even have time to catch up. Our bus to Shirakawa was at 2:20 and Ash needed to get dressed! Kyoko helped Ash put her yukata on. We had to run to catch the bus and we all went to Shirakawa together.
When we got there, we had to wait for our train.
After sometime, it showed up. And we all hopped on. It took about 30mins to get to Sukagawa, and every stop on the way, more people hopped on the train. SO many people! And so many yukatas! I felt under dressed compared to some of them.
When we got to Sukagawa, Helen and Paul buggered off together so it was Ash, Dave, Keira, Gwen and I. We walked around and just enjoyed ourselves.
I got a crepe. It was yummy!
We got a great place to sit for the fireworks too! We had nothing to sit on, so we just sat on the floor. But after a while, this really nice  elderly lady came over and offered us a tarp to sit on. It was such a nice gesture. So Ash and I went out to get something nice to give her for her kindness. We bought her some freshly made donuts. By the time we brought them back for the lady, we had upgraded tarps! Another person about our age had offered us their spare tarp too! So we had returned the elderly lady's tarp. Ash and I still gave her the donuts as a thank you.
The fireworks were good! But it started to rain just as they started! And it was 2 minutes of fireworks, then 5 minutes of commentary. Still good though.
They did this one really pretty thing, where they strung a bunch of fireworks on a rope and lit them all off. It looked like a shower of shooting stars. It was beautiful.
We were all totally exhausted after the day, so on the taxi ride home we all slept. After we got home though, I felt great! So I stayed up and played video games till like, 2am. Lol.

The next day, Ash, Dave and I went shopping in Shin-Shirakawa together. I bought some groceries and we went to the Sega Game World. I have shit luck with UFO catchers, but after I announced that to Ash and Dave, I of course won a plush on my first try.
It's a bunny~! With LOOOOOONG ears. It's cute. :D
We went for lunch and I showed them Mega Stage. We came back up the mountain and then it was time for the goodbye interns party!
We've had interns here since the beginning of the month, so they feel like part of the BH family now. We all went to the pub last night to have one last party with them.
 I'm gonna miss them, they were a good bunch.
They left this morning, we all went outside to wave goodbye to them. It was sad seeing them go, but we'll hopefully stay in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment