Sunday, April 24, 2011

Avec Helen.

Helen and I went to town today with George. I had no money whatsoever, but it was still fun to walk around and make mental notes of things to go back and buy. (Tomorrow actually. I got reimbursed for my bullet train tickets and I got an advance so I have money again.)
The sakura trees were all in bloom still, and were really stunning. I took some video of the trees from the bus, but it was a bit dark and rainy outside so it's not great but not horrible.



So I found out today that one of the little shops at Mega Stage (the big shopping complex) sells things from SWIMMER. SWIMMER is one of my favourite home decor brands in Japan. I was pretty shocked that they had a shop all the way out here in the middle of no where. I'm not complaining though. :D
I saw the insanity that was the supermarket today. It was crazy busy. Then again, we did go shopping on Sunday at like 1:30 so I guess that's what we get. After that we went for lunch. I totally forgot to get a picture of my lunch, but it was fantastic. I had karage (breaded fried chicken) and pork soup. The soup was free~! Helen and George said it was probably free because I was wearing a low cut top. Lol. I didn't order it, but after our food came one of the younger male staff members brought it for me and was all smiley and whatnot and when he went back I distinctly heard one of the girls there giggle.And the karage came with like 7 pieces (it was REALLY filling) and it was only 273yen! That's like $3. That's stupid cheap.
After that Helen and I went for coffee at Doutor. It's kinda like Starbucks I guess, but cheaper. I had an iced latte for 268yen.
It was quite tasty. And instead of having normal sugar for me, they had "gum sugar" or simple syrup for me to put in that way I wouldn't have to worry about it not melting in. It was quite tasty.
While we were at Mega Stage, we saw the weirdest motorcycle too, I have no idea how you'd ride it. It looks kinda like something out of Final Fantasy: Advent Children though.
Yeah, weird.
And after that excitement, it was time to head back. I finally got a picture of Helen for those of you who have been asking. Here she is with a sleeping George.
We had fun. And I'm going to town with Gwen tomorrow! Hopefully I'll finally get to see Black House!

5 comments:

  1. cool motor scooter! By the way, your sakura video is set to "private", meaning only those with a password can view it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ;o) The cherry blossoms are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great video sweetie. The countryside was beautiful. I felt like I was right there with ya! Happy Easter. Luvs ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aa sakura mankaiiiiii~ Ne sakura mankaiiiii! Good song. <3

    Nice video. :3
    Lots of really neat houses and the countryside is gorgeous. <3

    ReplyDelete