Monday, April 25, 2011

Shopping~

So I went to town again today! I finally had some money so I bought a few things.
When we were getting ready to leave the hotel this morning I needed a pick me up and the coffee machine in the staff kitchen wasn't working, so I had to get a coffee from the vending machine. I got a sweetened latte. It was a bit too sweet for my taste, but other than that it was quite nice.
When we got to town, we decided that first thing to do was go get lunch. Gwen brought us to this amazing ramen house. It was so cheap. I ended up getting gyoza and fried rice. Seriously, the gyoza was AMAZING. I could have ate it all day. It got to the point where it hurt to eat but I couldn't stop because it was amazingly delicious.
All that was only 399yen (about $4). That's sickeningly cheap. It was so delicious. D: <3
After that we went shopping. I finally saw Black Shop. It was like heaven. It was totally amazing! And everything was cheap! I bought a couple things for myself and a present for Ashley.
Why yes, that IS the Hatsune Miku music box that I've wanted for 3 years. And instead of $30 on eBay for most likely a knockoff version, I got the legit version for 840yen. And yes Ash, that IS the WHOLE Rose of Versailles figure set. All like...8 or 9 of them. I dunno. I haven't opened it yet. But it's all of them.
And we went to Off House and I bought my kanzashi hairpiece! It's so lovely. I've decided I have to get a purple kimono to match it and my obi. it compliments my obi nicely.
Yeah, that was only 840yen too. That's insane.
And then, we went to the grocery store and I bought a few things from the bakery, and some spiffy top notch super expensive (98yen or 98cents) Canadian bottled water. They had maple syrup from Quebec there. It was like the little tiny 250ml bottle and it was 1,348yen. (almost $14) That's insane.
And yup, that really is a choco cornet. (Anime joke.) I saw it and HAD to buy it just because I wanted to see what the fuss was about. I bought a few other things, a hat (that is a bit small dammit!), a pair of chopsticks with a case for my purse a bottle of ramune and a bag of Japanese chips. All together I spent less than 6600yen. That's pretty damn good.
Oh! We did purikura together too! That's the photobooth thing where you take pictures then get to decorate them after. They then get printed out as stickers. The stickers are too small to photo but I'll show them when I get back.

2 comments:

  1. Ahahah~ Choco coronets. XD <3

    And yaaaaay! *______________*
    So excited to get my gift now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You told yer sister what her gift is??? You two couldnt keep a secret if you had to! Told you to bring maple syrop. That was the price for a litre of it at cosco. Luvs ya

    ReplyDelete