Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day in Shirakawa.

So today I went down the mountain to go to town. Helen was awesome and drew me a map for when I got there. I ended up going to the mega center to do some shopping. First stop was the SEGA game center! OMG. I spent waaaay too much money there. It was amazing! So many UFO catchers! I didn't win as much as I would have liked, but I won 2 items that I'm really happy with! I won a Rilakkuma towel (it's HUGE, it could be a blanket! I've never seen a towel this big before in my life!) and a Korilakkuma bear dressed as a honey bee.
After the game center, I went to the electronics store to buy an adapter for my laptop plug (it seems I needed one after all. The plugs here only have 2 pins, not 3). And then I went to UNIGLO and looked around. When I get paid I'm SO buying all their Barbie shirts! Everything was very cheaply priced in that store. Also, the shoe store was well priced as well. SO MANY SHOES. Audrey would have a fit if she could see them all! They had some really amazing shoes in there. I wish I had more money. They were all super cheap, but I knew if I bought 1 pair, I'd want 10. So I'm going to wait till I get paid to buy some.
After those stores, I went to the 100yen shop. Everything was 105yen (tax included), except for a few things. I got rose hair elastics, hangers, stationary, some candy, 2 mini cans of Fanta (everyone over here loves it) and some Hello Kitty blotting papers.
 I bought the matryoshka doll stationary especially for you, Mom! I told you they were big over here.
Anywho, after all that fun I went to catch the bus home. It was a cold and rainy day and I'm stupid and didn't wear a sweater, so by the time I got to the bus, I was a little chilly (read - shaking and my hands were red) and I guess the bus driver noticed this because, he excused himself and walked off and in 5mins came back with a hot can of coffee from the vending machine for me! I was really touched. It tasted great too and warmed me right up!
After I had that I was warm again. And right when I was starting to think I was the only one on the bus, 3 more staff hopped on! They just arrived back, they took a holiday after the earthquake and were coming back today. It's insanity, but the one guy, Mike, asked where I was from, and I said Canada, and he was like "OH~ what province?" I replied Ontario, and then he got excited and said "What city?" I said Sarnia, and he said "Oh, I'm sorry. Haha. I'm from Kitchener-Waterloo!" isn't that crazy!? Small world for sure! Of all the people in Canada to meet here, someone from 2 hours from home! I was amazed! I already said I'd give him a passion flakie and a box of KD. I was so excited!

OH~ And I ate the melon pan today, it tasted like a sweet bun from Williams Pastry. o__o Same texture and everything! It was so awesome!

2 comments:

  1. Cute stationary! <3

    I've always wondered what the vending machine coffee stuff tastes like~ Was it really hot? Or just luke warm?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was perfect temperature. Not too hot, not too cold.

    ReplyDelete