Thursday, June 16, 2011

Dinner and solitude.

Birthday dinner was a few days ago. That was lovely!
The day we were going to have dinner, I had to work until 4:30, and while I was at work, Megumi had a little gift for me. It was two little containers of konpeito, a Japanese star shaped candy. They're really cute!
 After work I ran home and got ready for the dinner, I wanted to look super good so I did my hair and whatnot as well. Actually, I looked damn good that night. I curled my hair in some places and pinned them up for volume, and I wore my little black dress with a big black belt, black lace tights and black pointed flats. This is the only picture I have until Wendy uploads her pictures, but you can kinda see that we all looked great.
It was sweet, Mike and Sam both wore sits for the occasion.
The food was AMAZING. And we had the fancy cutlery for our dinner which was nice. Saito-san seated me and Yuta seated Wendy. We got the middle of the table seats. It was lovely. We also got free champagne with dinner.
First course was a diced vegetable gaspacho type thing, it tasted good but the texture was weird. I had a couple bites then gave it to Wendy. All the food pictures are kinda crap by the way, the light was really bad in the refectory. It was all like mood lighting.
Next course was prawn for everyone else, and "cheese terrine" for me, which was actually seafood terrine. It was...different. The salad was lovely. But the texture of the terrine was odd...so I ate 1/2 and gave that to Wendy too. Ahah.
Next was the consomme soup course. I didn't get a picture of that but it was basically a broth. It was good though. There were herbs in the broth as well and they were covered in a thing called a "water shield" it basically made them slimy. It was weird. But good.
After that we had the fish course. It was crispy Norwegian Salmon served with a butter and mustard sauce. Damn, was it good. Fortunately for me, Keira doesn't like fish so she gave me 1/2 of hers in exchange for my onions.
After fish we had a quick sorbet course to cleanse our pallets and then on to the main event! Roast beef! Carved at our table and everything. It was lovely. We all got 3 pieces (usually they serve 2) and we all had seconds too! It was SOO good!
Like, seriously SO yummy! I ate every bite (except for my peas, I gave those to Wendy, ahaha). So after dinner, we had tea and dessert. It was the nicest plating I've seen them do for that particular dessert. It was really yummy.
Everyone's cookie had a little picture on it. Most of us got faces, but Sara got a star and I got a heart. <3
Yuta brought the heart one special for me. Lol.
It was SO DELICIOUS. Annd actually, Wendy wasn't too keen on the mousse so I volunteered to take it. She was just about to pass me her plate when George came up and said "done with your dessert?" and Wendy said she was giving it to me, and what does he do? He stuck his finger in it! And then laughed. D: Wendy then asked if I still wanted it and I said no. Lol. I was sad.
During dinner we had a nice bottle of wine brought to the table for us. Tomo bought it for us! It was such a nice thing to do! It was a lovely Australian red wine.
After dinner we all went to the pub and played "never have I ever". That was interesting. The object of the game is to make people drink by saying something you haven't done but they might have. So for example, I said "never have I ever smoked" and some people took a drink or "never have I ever driven a car" and everyone drank. Lol. It was fun.

Last night, everyone had the day off today so they all went to karoke together. I ended up staying home because I'm broke right now and I didn't want to borrow money. It was kinda nice I had the whole house to myself the WHOLE night. I was able to blast my music and leave my door open and it was a great night.

I went to town today on my own. I had a whopping 896yen to my name so I spent frugally lol. I bought my very first variety store bento today, it was really yummy! That and a bottle of cider was my lovely lunch. I sat in the park and read my book while eating. It was lovely.

 Yeah, it was SO yummy!
I bought some balloons for my party tomorrow and I got some candy for myself as well because it was cheap. I got a cute Ayanami Rei chocolate thing and some cute animal shaped boxes with candy in them.
And tomorrow is the party! Gotta start getting my outfit together. Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. What are you reading? O:

    And that food looks amazing. *___*

    ReplyDelete