Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Important visitors.

So the last couple days we've had a very important visitor to the hotel. Andre Kawada, the general director of the hotel. He came to the hotel with his wife to give some lectures to the staff and to teach some new things to them.
One of the things he went over was the Manor House tour with the Japanese staff (and 3 teachers and George because they all were bi-lingual) and walked them through some of the new things he wanted them to point out. Apparently he did quite a bit of talking about history as well, so before he left today, I asked him if he would be interested in doing an English version of the tour for those of us that aren't bi-lingual. I don't know about everyone else, but I know I am interested in the historical things he can point out. He speaks excellent English so I think it's a good idea. He though so too, he was quite impressed that I brought the point up. He made sure to tell me that the idea has been noted and they are going to act on it.
Actually, after I told him that, he asked my name and when he saw my nametag, he asked if I was Italian, and I said no, French! And he started talking in French to me and thankfully it was simple French so I was able to respond. After the first few sentences though, I had to admit that I understood but couldn't remember how to reply! Him and his wife were really charming though. Very nice people.
While on the tour, he got the staff to take one of the pictures down so they could examine it, and after he left for the day the Japanese reception staff went to put it back, but they were all like, my height and the fireplace was really tall, so it took 5 of them PLUS Mori-san to put the picture back!
I got the itch to bake today. Partially because I love baking and partially because George's cake was scary and I wanted real cake. So I whipped up a chocolate-ish cake with chocolate whipped cream for icing. It's actually pretty tasty. Not too sweet, just like a hint of sweetness. I'm quite pleased with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment