Wednesday, June 1, 2011

And so it begins.

Gah, I had a shower tonight and as some of you know, I sing in the shower from time to time. After belting out a movie soundtrack song and a Taylor Swift number, I couldn't think of something quickly. So I sang the first song I could think of when I thought of songs that I love and mean something to me. Yah, it was American Pie (the shortened Dad version, lol). As I was busting a tune in the bathroom, I realized that I most likely will not hear that song this year because I will be in Japan if all goes as planned. Seriously, that totally broke my heart. I actually teared up and everything. Some of you might not know this, but that's my favourite part of Christmas. (Tree decorating with you is a very VERY close second Mom!) But, for me, it would feel like something's wrong or lacking if I don't hear it. I look forward to that every year and I sing the goofy Xmas songs and pretend I don't know anymore so I can hear Dad sing sooner.

I don't think I would actually tear up if I was at home over this. I think some homesickness might be finally setting in. Maybe not for home per say (actually no, not for home at all), but for the people. I think it's different for most people in my class or even people my age going to University and whatnot because at least usually they're in the same country and maybe even the same timezone. It's really difficult to talk with my parents and my sister. There have been sometimes where I stay up really late even though I have to work really early the next day because I just want to hear them talk so badly. Like, up till 3am when I have to work at 7am type thing.

Oh not to worry, I'm still head over heels in love with Japan and having an amazingly good time (I'm going to town tomorrow to get embroidery - supplies more about that later) but I can't help thinking that I'd be having even MORE fun with my sister here, or while being in the same time zone so I can talk more easily. I'm not going to let homesickness rule me while my time is here either or anything like that. I fully intend to shove it to the back burner as much as I possibly can. But I thought maybe if I just wrote a little note and got it out of my system it might help. Sorry for dragging on with it. I feel better already actually. Lol.

In other news, yes embroidery. I feel bad reading on the desk so I've decided I want to learn to embroider. I found some videos on youtube that gave me the gist of it, and I want to take a crack at it. If all works well i want to embroider my shirt for my cosplay in August.

I had the munchies like WOAH earlier tonight so I decided to check the vending machine outside the staff kitchen for snacks. I ended up getting some potato chips (consomme flavour? eh, they were good anyway) and some maple bread. Haven't had the bread yet, that's for tomorrow. I figure it probably tastes like a maple bagel though, so I'm all for it. Cheap too, those were both about 80yen each so like $.80. That's pretty good.
 Super excited for tomorrow as well! Keira and I are going to make homemade apple fritters! EEE~ I didn't realize how much I missed them until she mentioned them. I hope they turn out!

1 comment: