Friday, June 3, 2011

...That's cake?

Ahh I had a fun and exciting day of cleaning my room and playing Ragnarok Online. It was quite quiet in the house today. The refectory staff had to go to a photoshoot by the tea house. So it was just me in the house for quite a while. Yeah, they had to go farm pretend to garden. When I asked how Wendy and George's day went, they both looked at me and said "we were farming today". I laughed at them. And then they informed me that they really DID farm today. I laughed again.
While the 3 of us were in the kitchen, we had the brilliant idea to do some baking. George determined that he was going to make a cake with the scary looking bananas in the freezer, and Keira came down so we decided to make another batch of fritters. They turned out great.

George's cake on the other hand...ok, this is what's in the cake. It's in a HUGE pot because we didn't have a bowl big enough for it all.
  • about 5 bananas from the freezer, defrosted partially.
  • a carton of milk that was also in the freezer. Kinda scary looking.
  • 1 egg. Yeah, just 1.
  • 2 bags of flour. You didn't read wrong. There's really 2 bags of flour in this monstrosity.
  • a bunch of sugar both white and golden.
  • a bunch of chocolate powder
  • a few boxes of smarties, peanut M&Ms, crushed Aero bars and random chocolate things thrown in
  • baking powder
  • an ass load of butter
Yeah. Terrifying. The batter was so thick, George had to get me to hold the pot down while he tried to stir it. And it was rubbery/elasticy so while he was trying to stir it, it resisted. Poor guy, his arms were so tired. I tried to stir it, it was hard. Lol.
We haven't baked it yet, George wanted to leave it to rise overnight. I think it's partially because he was tired too. Lol.
I'll post pictures of it tomorrow. I'm scared to eat it. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment