Thursday, June 2, 2011

Very important decision.

So I went to town today. Keira and I were going to make fritters so we needed ingredients. I volunteered to get them since I had the day off.
OMG prices here are crazy compared to home. A 1L carton of milk was 99yen (99 cents) but a bag with 5 apples in it was 400yen ($4). Craziness. Either way, the fritters turned out great. Not quite as sweet as Timmy's fritters which was nice. Actually, if you took the apples out, they tasted like the dough from a puffio! I think I might be making some of that again...with no apples...and some marinara sauce. Bahahaha.

Also, I've come to the very distinct conclusion that I spend way too much money when left to my own devices in town. So I've made a very important decision. I'm not going to town on my own anymore. I need someone there to rein me in and make me stop spending. And the old "just bring suchandsuch amount of money, you'll be set!" when I get paid I get paid in 10,000yen ($100) bills and I can't break them without spending some. Curses.

I did a lot of purchasing today.  But you should all know that most of it wasn't for me! I spent a good chunk on Ashley's birthday present. Which I won't be posting here. Tough luck Ash. I did buy something for myself from Daiso though along with Ash's things. Afternoon fruit flavour? I dunno. It's kinda weird, but pleasant. I think it's the aftertaste that I'm not sure of really. One you get past that, it's not bad.
I also bought my embroidery things. I want to start tomorrow. I hope it works out!
I also bought something I'm really excited forrr! A summer yukata! Yes I know I just bought a kimono, but this is more for festivals and such in the summer, it's a light cotton so I won't die while wearing it. And it's stupidly pretty. And it was really cheap!
 It's more of a pretty mint green than a blue. Its really lovely though. It was only 3800yen for the set! Yeah, yukata, geta and obi all for 3800. The yukata alone was 5800 before the sale!
I thought that was the price when I walked in. They had a bunch of yukata all in different colours all along the front of the shop and I stopped to look at them. And then I saw the little sign. It had a bunch of kanji then the #3 and then a big 3800 posted on it. It had a bunch of smaller prices on it too however, so I didn't know for sure what the price was. Luckily, a shop lady came over. After stating in Japanese that I don't really speak Japanese she used some simple English to explain to me that the price was for a set. She then proceeded to grab a yukata, an obi and geta (all seemingly like it was a quick and random choice, but they matched flawlessly) and put them on a table together, and bring the price sign over and point to the 3800yen and point to the set of things and say "all". I was pretty darn excited. She then said "price, ok?" and I replied by nodding happily and walking over and picking out the mint green one that I had my eye on. I didn't know what colour obi to get though, and I guess she sensed my dilemma because she walked over to the obi section and picked out 2, a blue one and a pink gradient one and brought them over. She liked the pink more and I did as well. She also picked out my geta for me and helped me find ones that my foot would fit. She was really sweet. :3

After my yukata purchase, I walked across town to Mega Stage (I was there earlier at Daiso, but I forgot to get groceries) and proceeded to get almost everything on the list. I was struggling to get milk though. I couldn't tell which one was low fat. I must have looked flustered because a man came up behind me and said "excuse me, do you have trouble? do you need help finding a thing?" I proceeded to say milk and he said incredulously "Milk!? it's right here! what kind will you need?" and when I said low fat, he looked a bit more understanding. I said I couldn't read kanji and he nodded his head and grabbed a carton for me and smiled. I thought that was nice of him to stop and help me.

After groceries, I still had an hour to kill before I had to walk back to the bus, so I stopped at Doutor and had a iced coffee and a piece of cheesecake! I hadn't had cheesecake since before I left Sarnia. I forgot how much I loved it. <3
Yummmm~
Speaking of yum, fritters. Yes. Quite tasty.
They taste a heck of a lot better than they look!

No comments:

Post a Comment