Monday, May 9, 2011

Catch up - Day 1

Ok, I’m writing 3 separate posts for the 3 days I have to catch up on. Lol.

So we had a wedding party in a few days ago. They were really nice. It was a really small wedding though it was only like 9 people. It was so small in fact that they got us refectory peeps to go and clap at the stairs with the family when the bride and groom when they walked down. We got to throw rose petals at them too!

They were really lovely. They made a handsome couple. She was stunning in her dress. I tried to get a picture, but we had to go set tables so I only got 1 crappy one.

So after we got back and set the tables, the family came up and we seated them, then bride and groom walked up and she had put on a new dress. It was still a big wedding dress, but just no insane train on it. It was lovely as well though. I was talking with Megumi-san and Saito-san and I guess both the bride’s dresses she had rented for 200,000yen (about $2500) and it was a 6 hour rental. I told them Ash’s dress was $700 and she got to keep it and they were like “WOAH! Good deal!”. The bride’s mother was wearing a real kimono. It was lovely. And she was so nice! She held still so I could see her obi and look at her sleeves. And when we walked to the door and waved and said goodbye, they all bowed to us and said thank you. So sweet!
The wedding cake was so cute too! I just wanted to eat it! It was strawberry shortc
ake made Japanese style. It looked good. All the food did really. They had 2 types of dessert. Wedding cake and some type of ice cream thing with that sugar that looks like glass on top.
Incidentally, blogger is being dumb, so I had to change the way I post. For the next few posts, the pictures won't be side by side like usual, so it's going to make my posts look longer.

They're not. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment