Monday, May 9, 2011

Doton Bori

So tonight for dinner for Helen's birthday, we went to Doton Bori. It's an okonomiyaki restaurant. Meaning, when we order, they give us a big bowl full of the ingredients, and we mix them together, and cook them ourselves. It was amazingly delicious.



That's the bowl it came in, and the hot plate we cooked it on. I forgot to take a picture of it before I started stirring, but still, you get the idea. So after stirring the bejezus out of it, you lean over the grill and pour it on. Wendy gave me the brilliant idea to make a few little ones and one big one so I could eat the little ones while the big one cooked. Smart thinking. I ended up making 3 very lopsided looking okonomiyaki.



They were really tasty though, even if they looked funny.
After cooking, you could add sauces and whatnot to them to make them tastier. Wendy and I both put barbeque sauce and mayo on ours, along with some green flaky stuff. It was DELICIOUS. I couldn't finish mine though, so I ended up giving like, 1/2 to George.



Yumyum.
After those, we all wanted dessert. Everyone was going to get ice cream, but then I was informed they had chocolate pudding! I totally got pudding. It came in a cute glass jar with a raccoon on it. The best part? We got to keep the jar!



It was really tasty! Had such a good time tonight. It was nice all of us going out together! Well, for the most part. A few people had to miss out, and a few people just plain weren't invited. But it was awesome all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment