Monday, May 9, 2011

Catch up - Day 2



I got to work in the pub today! It was awesome. Just Tomo and I. All the guests we had were wonderful! And their English was fantastic. One lady talked with me for about 20 minutes. Just asking about Canada and what I thought of Japan. I had to make iced coffee and Tomo didn’t know how, so I had to go back to my Starbucks training and make some. It was SOOOOOO good. I added a little syrup to sweeten it and it was perfect. Lol, it's supposed to say Gum Syrup. I totally didn't notice until I was upending the bottle into my drink and Tomo was like "Angel, bum syrup!? Yuck." Ahaha.


Someone had brought a treat in for the refectory staff. George and I cracked the bag open. It was some kind of cookie. They taste like waffle cones but it’s really crunchy. They’re really nice.

I had my first BIG table tonight. 6 people! I freaked out, but Masaki-san was really kind and helped me a lot. George and Martin really helped me too. It went well. I’m getting used to working service. The fish course tonight looked amazing! It was salmon in a butter something sauce. I wanted to eat it.

The weather today was really nice too. It’s been really windy lately, but it was a pleasant 16C outside today, so I enjoyed it.


No comments:

Post a Comment