Monday, May 16, 2011

Reception.

So I started reception today.
It was really boring. They told me to bring a book. That should tell you something.

We aren't allowed to use the internet while on the desk so I amused myself by reading, writing a letter and taking pictures of the ceiling while reading the manor house tour guide.

Actually, I was surprised, I learned some interesting things about the hotel while I was reading the manor house tour. For example:
  • British Hills was built in 1994.
  • It cost over 10 billion yen (60 million pounds) to build.
  • Every building was originally constructed in Britain and taken apart, then shipped and reconstructed in Japan.
  • So much oak was used in the building of British Hills that the Shakespearean Globe Theatre that was being built was set back by 3 years!
  • The ceiling in the reception area was designed and coloured to remind people of an elegant wedding cake and was made by Wedgwood.
  • British Hills' motto "Pax per linguam" means "Peace through language."
Neat huh?
Here, have some pictures of the ceiling that I took after realizing that it was decorated. (I had never looked at the ceiling before ahaha.)

No comments:

Post a Comment