Sunday, May 1, 2011

Golden Week.

Ahh, it's Golden Week in Japan right now, so it's supposed to be stupid busy right now. It's not. We only had 2 tables for dinner tonight! Although, on May 3rd, we have 30 tables. >___< I'm scared lol. I haven't even served on my own yet and I think I'll get saddled with a billion tables that night.
At work this morning because it was a buffet breakfast for only 16 guests, it was quite quick. And we got breakfast from it too! Their "sausages" and "bacon" over here is kinda different. "Sausages" are basically little hot dogs (and taste like them too) and "bacon" is what George called "faky-bacy" it's not like bacon that we have at home.
 Yup.
After breakfast we got to wash glassware (how exciting). And then it was time for lunch. It was Udon noodles today! I'd never had udon before, it was delicious! But the bowl was huge. I couldn't finish!
And after lunch, guess what fun exciting thing we got to do!?

We got to polish 800 pieces of cutlery.
That's right, 800. It was like Creations on steroids today. But it really does make a difference in the quality of my work knowing that I'm getting paid for it!

And after dinner this evening, I went to Sara's (one of the teachers) room and we had some drinks and just sat around talking. She is seriously one of the nicest and sweetest people I've ever met. What a sweetheart. I was able to talk about a lot with her, which was nice. I'm starting to feel a little home sick. Not for home really, but for the people. Skype is nice and all, but it's not the same. If I have a bad day and need a hug, it's not the same getting one from one of the staff here as it is getting it from someone I love.
I won't give up though! I'm going to make the most of this, even if it kills me!
I'm planning a trip to Kyoto/Osaka in late July and Tokyo Disney for my birthday! I hope it all works out!

2 comments:

  1. We mis you too hun, but you'll be home before you know it and then you'll miss Japan. Now, since you have sooo much experience polishing silverware have I got a job for you;) Luvs ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tokyo Disney! ;__________;

    But holy hell~ 800 pieces? XD
    That's insanity!

    ReplyDelete