Thursday, May 19, 2011

First time.

So I went to town today, I was the only one that went to town. I had a crazy budget of 1,600yen (Approx $16) to spend today ahaha. To make it stretch I decided to confine my shopping to the Daiso and lunch. It worked out well.
I wanted to get some things to make decorations for my room with, but I couldn't find any sticky tack to stick them up with, so that idea went down the drain. Instead, I bought two garlands like what you put on a Xmas tree and I hung them over my window. There's a thick pink one with stars shooting off of it and a thin blue one covered in bows. It's great.

I also bought a few other things while I was there. I got some fake roses for when I start making things to put on my wall, a hair bow on an elastic, and a pink chocolate shaped mirror keychain.

Yes Ashley, I'll get you one of the keychains. That was the last hair thing though. :3

At lunch time I was really hungry, and usually when I'm solo in town I munch on fruit snacks and a vending machine drink, but today, I wanted curry. Keira had told me about this place she had curry at a few days ago and I decided to give it a shot. It was called "Sukiya" it was pretty small. But the food was good. I ordered a bowl of curry, and for 380yen it was a good deal. I couldn't even finish it!

Oooh. It was so good! About 5 minutes after I walked in and took a seat, another man about my age, maybe a bit older sat down next to me and started talking in Japanese to me. I had to explain in Japanese that I didn't speak or really understand Japanese. He responded by saying he didn't really speak English all that well. We talked for the whole meal though. He was very patient with me trying to stumble through saying things in Japanese. He tried to speak in English as well. We must have sounded pretty weird to the rest of the people, our conversation was a blend of both languages. After lunch, I went to Doutor and had an iced coffee and read for a bit. I didn't want to stay too long though because it was hot out (like 24C out today) and people were looking for a place to be to get inside.

After coffee it was only 2:00 and the bus wouldn't get to the station until 3:50 so I decided to go find the park that Wendy had told me about a few weeks ago. I brought a book and I thought sitting and reading for a bit would be nice. It was actually very pleasant. I found a bench in the shade and there was a pleasant breeze out so it made for great reading conditions. I had bought a bottle of CC Lemon from the vending machine so I was perfectly content for quite some time. (CC Lemon is like carbonated lemonade, it claims to have the vitamin C of 70 lemons in each bottle!)


After reading for about an hour, I decided to saunter back to the station and read there until the bus came back. On the way, I saw a poster stand with this on it:

It's a stand strong Fukushima poster. A lot of the local businesses have them on their doors, or their windows.

There are so many flowers blooming right now! They're all pretty too. When I was waiting for the bus, I sat inn the little bench area that is at the station and there were a few flowering bushes and trees in the area.
All in all, a good day. :3
I'm so broke now though, ahaha.



3 comments:

  1. That poor man...he was probably using his best pick up lines on you and you didn't understand. Nice to see your making friends where ever you go. The flowers are beautiful. Luvs ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy crap! Daiso looks awesome..they have over 90,000 products that sell for 100Y. No wonder you shop there...it's kinda like an IKEA dollar store!

    ReplyDelete