Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It's never easy.

So last night was the big reception party. All I can eat and all I can drink! I pigged out on the buffet and I made good use of the all I can drink. A good time was had by all. However, I went downstairs after the dinner because Helen and I were the only gaijin working, so all the conversation was in Japanese. We still had a good time though. I hope they do another party soon. I ended up going downstairs and hanging out at the bar with Keira, Gwen, Rachel and Zoe. (Wendy was bartending) We had a great time! I learned a new drinking game. Gah, that was interesting. Poor Zoe was awful at it, her cards were always so bad! After pub closed we all scurried back to the common room and we sat around singing and just carrying on until late. I apparently passed out on the couch where Wendy found me shivering violently in the wee hours of the morning. She got me a blanket and left me down there for a bit, then decided to get me to my room. I guess I sleep like the dead (a family trait maybe? I was as bad as Jake so I:m told!) so they had trouble waking me up. Eventually they had to sit down heavily on the couch right by my head to wake me. I didn’t get carried up the stairs this time though! I was good, I wobbled all the way to my room, and Wendy got me a glass of water again, and I said how *she always takes care of me, what a good friend!*. I felt like crap when I wore up though. I guess I really do get hangovers; they just take over 9 drinks to get to. The hangover vanished after I took a nap though, so all’s well with the world...or is it?

While bored on the desk today, Yukichi-san from the shop brought me a can of apple juice as a present. He always brings me drinks, it's so nice!
I got to go on the roof today as well! Sam and Chris were going up there and when I said I didn't even know we COULD go on the roof, they said to come with. So I went to the roof, and WOW, the view is beautiful! I took some pictures. Really, it was so pretty!
 So two of our staff are leaving the mountain and Japan tonight. Helen and Martin are going home. It’s so sad. I’ve come close to crying about 5 times today. It was so sudden! I woke up this morning and *poof* they’re packing their stuff. Helen gave me my birthday present and I almost cried right there. I made them a little goody bag for on the plane. They leave tonight at 11:30. Until then they will be in the pub for farewells. The thought of losing both of them just makes me feel hollow. Martin and Helen were the first two people that I met on the mountain. Helen through email and Martin when I was at the train station, lost and alone. They’ve both stuck by my side through everything that’s happened to us. Helen was my savior when my heart got broken, and Martin was possibly one of the best people I've ever worked with. And now, I've barely known them a month and they’re leaving. I feel empty. It’s heartbreaking and never easy saying goodbye to someone you’ve formed such a close attachment with. Nothing will be the same.
Have a safe flight home, Martin and Helen! We love you very much!


 Helen's birthday gifts to me. A big box of Chai tea, a bottle of "hair fragrance" (it's perfume for your hair o-O), a bubble bottle shaped like a popsicle, a pen with rhinestones on it, a Hello Kitty keychain, the Keep Calm poster and a Maxicam button. I was really touched. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment