Monday, May 9, 2011

Helen's Lolita party.

So for her birthday, Helen decided she wanted a gothic lolita party. We were invited to wear lolita and come for a photoshoot in the library, then go to the pub for drinking, gyoza and general carrying on and what not.
It was a great time.

I decided to wear true gothic with a touch of sweet as per Helen's request. I'm the only one in the house that has any clue how to actually wear the clothes properly, and while no one was real lolita last night, everyone did try their hardest to create a "lolita" outfit.

We got some great pictures in the library and in the foyer upstairs.
As we were taking some photos some of the school kids (about grade 8 ~ 9) that were visiting the hotel for the night came in the library to look around. When they saw us they all got really excited! Jumping up and down and babbling cute things in Japanese. We got a lot of " mitte mitte! SUGOIII! Kawaii dressu!" (look! look! Great! Cute dress!) and what not. Zoe took out her camera and took a picture of all the kids together, they got really excited and jumped up and down again, and came over to shake our hands and say things like "KAWAIIIII~" (cuuuuuute!). Their teachers shuffled them out after and came over and appologized for the children "ruining our special day pictures", we said it was no problem and we enjoyed their company. It was fun.

After photos we all went to the pub and set up. By set up I mean we blew some balloons and started drinking. We got there at about 7:30 and everyone was supposed to arrive at around 8pm, give or take. We had a great time. There are some real gem pictures that were taken. These are my favourite of the ones posted on facebook so far. I'll make a new post later when the rest are uploaded so you can see some of the other pictures too.

1) Helen and I 2) The whole group with Mike the Canadian, Saito-san and Ian

3) Beverley and I 4) The whole group

5) Beverley, George and I
We had great fun. I don't think I've ever drank that much in my life. Saito-san (my manager) brought a bottle of vodka to the pub and gave everyone free shots, so I had 4 gingerale and vodkas 2 of which had about 2.5 ounces of vodka in them. And after things wound down at the party, we went back to the common room in the house and Wendy, Zoe, Helen and I danced about like loons at a loon party and George and Rob got strobe light things and made it look crazy in the room. Helen was drinking some Japanese drink called "Chu-Hi", she gave me a 1/2 can to try, and I liked it. It seriously tastes like sweet tarts. So after drinking one, I got 2 more cans from her.

Sometime in the evening (late, it was like 2:30am) I decided it was time for me to go to bed. All I remember is leaving the room, running to the potty (Helen was becoming fast friends with the toilet at the time, and Martin was in there holding her hair and her hand, what a nice boyfriend), and going to the stairs. I passed out on the 4th stair and decided that the steps were the most incredibly comfortable thing I had ever experienced in my life, then Keira came over to wake me up I guess. She nudged me a few times with her foot, and when I didn't get up she kicked me down the stairs. At this point, I was lying face down on the floor and I decided that indeed the FLOOR was the most comfy thing ever in the world. After that, I remember yelling at Wendy to tell one of the boys to carry me upstairs. I guess she carried/dragged me upstairs and got me to my room. She tucked me in and got me a glass of water and everything. What a great friend!

Yeah, it was a great night. And the best part? NO HANGOVER. None at all. I actually feel fabulous today!

No comments:

Post a Comment