Monday, May 9, 2011

Gaijin card!

Kyoko and I went to get my Gaijin card today. we drove to Ten'ei to pick it up. So now, I don't have to carry around my passport in Japan, I just carry my card.
Because Kyoko loves to stop at 7-11, we went in and I restrained myself from buying anything. She bought me a strawberry ice cream though!

It was sooooo good! Really yummy. Kyoko loves strawberry lol. We talked a lot on the way home. She showed me the kyara-ben she made the day before for her girls. (Kyara-ben or chara-ben means character bento or character lunch. Meaning she made their lunch in such a way that it looks like a cartoon character. It was really cool! Ash Ashley about it, she'll tell you all about bento making.) She asked how I was feeling as well, and I told her I was totally back to normal and everything was right as rain. She seemed really relieved. It was really nice out today too! It was like 20C outside~! We stopped on the way home to take a picture of a little waterfall beside the road, it was charming and very soothing.
Ooh! Before I forget. I was talking with Yas and Martin yesterday and I guess there's a teddy bear museum in Nasu (a little drive from here) and it's amazing. We're planning to go next week. It's going to be awesome! The whole second floor of the museum is Ghibli things, there's Totoro's everywhere! Can't wait. I told Kyoko we were going and she got all excited, she goes there all the time apperantly. She likes to make teddy bears as a hobby and she goes there for inspiration.

After we got back to the hotel, I was damn tired so I took a nap and when I woke up, it was to Wendy sticking her head in the room and saying "HOW YOU FEELIN!?" to which I reponded "Totally fine, but hungry." We decided a trip to the tearoom was in order because we had missed lunch. We got Beverley and Helen and we all went together. I got sausages and mash again and a cranberry hibiscus cordial.

It was tasty. We stayed for about an hour, then decided to come back here. When I got back I read the letter that arrived for me today from Mom and just poked about. Thanks to my drunken escapades last night, my room is messy-ish again. I need to clean again lol. Can't tonight though, we're going for okonomiyaki dotonbori. Which is like, you cook the food yourself on a hot plate at your table. It looks fun and yummy. It's cheap too. Can't wait! We're going to Sukagawa for it, I haven't been there yet. Can't wait to take pics and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment